Wayne Trench, CEO of Octagon Strategy, the largest digital asset brokerage in Asia, is fascinated by the creative minds that are working on disrupting traditional industries with blockchain, with tokenization. Wayne also thinks that professional money managers like family offices have started adopting the crypto market in 2018. Followed by proper regulatory frameworks in place, institutional demand will come in the future. Watch our interview with Wayne at Token2049 to learn more.
Bytecoin (BCN) listed on Binance (BNB) yesterday - arguably the leading exchange in the world, and the price & volume effect was staggering. In a day where Bitcoin (BTC) traded in a 2.7% range, the action in BCN was certainly a stark contrast. Prior to the listing, BCN was hovering around $0.007 (0.7 cents), which implied a market cap of $1.28 billion based on the coin supply of 183.88 billion. And when the listing started, the price went bananas, as you can see in the Binance market chart below.
- We just experienced/witnessed the 3rd largest Bitcoin drawdown of -65.81% from the highs.
- In absolute dollars, this is the largest drawdown in Bitcoin history.
- The current price rut also happens to be the slowest sell-off we have ever faced.
- Bitcoin took on average 1.5x more days to recover to the previous highs than the NASDAQ Composite did during the tech boom.
- Based on the “Recovery to Trough Ratio” of 1.69 and 111 days peak to trough for the current drawdown, it may take another 188 days from the low (not until mid-October 2018) before we might near the $20K level again.
- Bitcoin drawdowns are sharper and faster than drawdowns during the NASDAQ tech bubble, but also take a shorter time before we reach a new peak.
Lewis Fellas is the former portfolio manager at Harvard University's $35.7 billion endowment. He is now Chief Investment Officer at Bletchley Park Asset Management and he shares his journey of cryptocurrency investment, along with his unique point of view of the current crypto market.
Loi Luu, founder of Kyber Network talks about how he started the DEX (decentralized exchange) and how it's different than the existing DEXs on the market in our interview at Token2049. With Binance and NEO announcing their DEX, Loi also shares the core value of Kyber Network in the video below. Watch it to find out more.
At Token2049, the largest digital asset event in Asia, CoinFi had the privilege to interview NEO's founder Da Hong Fei. Watch the video below to learn Da Hong Fei's vision of NEO's future and what he is most excited about NEO in 2018.
We're going to have a look at CoinFi's Portfolio Management System Tool and I'll walk you through my own portfolio to show you how I analyze risk.
It's a similar system to what professional traders use in hedge funds and the equity world.
Why Is It Important?
We put together a quick video to show you how you can arbitrage between exchanges and make risk-free money. These arbitrage loopholes will eventually close as more and more traders try to take advantage of them, but because the crypto markets are new and relatively inefficient, at the moment these arbitrages exist all day and you can make 2-3% return on each trade, risk free.